The Editor Has Quit!

Yes the wife can't stands it anymore and has resigned her post as editor.
So if you find a typo that really bugs you send and email or comment.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Achieving Depression

When I finished collage I got really depressed. Not because I now had to join the real world (I had done that already), but because I had no plan for my future. When you achieve all your goals what do you do next?

Knowing this me and the Mrs started to plan for your next big thing, last weekend. We are going to try and have kids, like in a year. And while that is good news, I was surprised at the reaction of a friend. They were upset that we would even consider having kids this close to chemo.

For those who don't know, chemo has made it a little bit harder for us make babies. We know this and have planed how to deal with this. Which is one big reason to wait a year. Regardless of this problem, making babies is a blessed event. It's what God put us on the Earth for. And what I truly believe He wants us to do next. And it's been a lot of work for God to get me to this point.

So before you weigh in on this plan, realize that all the possible problems have been analyzed, and our goal is not achieve depression; but blessedness!

3 comments:

Roger Garrett said...

"You can do it" said in a cajun accent of course

Christy Cogburn said...

its no one's place to be upset! This is exciting news considering the long road you've been on. God does miraculous things and this is one of them...You go Matt & Jenn! And in the mean time...get your practice in :) Love you both dearly!

Anonymous said...

This is your friend whom you described as "upset." Please don't make me sound like a creep! When you were talking about having kids, you were making it sound like you were going to have kids this weekend or something! I just felt you should let the dust settle before your next big move, considering what you have just been through. So for those who think your longtime friends don't have a place to be upset, perhaps they need to know the real story before passing judgment.