The Editor Has Quit!

Yes the wife can't stands it anymore and has resigned her post as editor.
So if you find a typo that really bugs you send and email or comment.

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I Never Take My Health into Consideration.

A friend asked me today, "Do you ever take your health into consideration? I mean with what you have gone through, this should be number one."

We were talking about my plans for the next few years and how unfocused they seemed to her. I was stunned by this comment in that I didn't know how to answer her question in a way she would understand. So I'm writing this post to explain.

My faith, my relationship with God, is my number one. It has to be! I couldn't have gotten here without my faith. There are many examples of people putting God above themselves in the Bible and coming out pretty good in the end. Job, he lost everything and his health, but kept God first and ended up with twice as much as before (Job 42:10). And what about those guys in the fiery furnace, they were willing to give there lives for God and he saved them.

I know that fear and doubt are the enemies of Faith (that's somewhere in the new testament). And I know that I only have the ability to think negatively when I think about certain things like statistics of my health. I am not refusing to thinking about the reality of the situation. No, I am choosing my faith over my fear or doubt. I know what the odds are and I know that I have beaten all those odds because He is with me, not because I was cautious or chose the right doctors.

Remember, reality is not what you see, touch or smell. Reality is what understand, or "As a man thinketh, So is he."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can't live your life fearing what will happen next. Live your life like each day is the last and you'll never have any regrets. Who wants to be at the end, wishing you would have done more in your life...God will provide, he has and will.

Love Ya, Jen

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you. I have long known that it is by faith we live or getting up each morning would not even make sense. From the time I was 11 years old I learned the hard way that bad things happen to good people. The world will continue to "trash" you but God keeps his promises and will sustain us through it all...no matter what happens. One of the strengths of my life is that "faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see", "for we walk by faith, not by sight" 2 Corinthians 5:7

Much love always, Aunt Vicki