The Editor Has Quit!

Yes the wife can't stands it anymore and has resigned her post as editor.
So if you find a typo that really bugs you send and email or comment.

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Seeing Angels

So I go back to work and some months pass. Dan and I are talking a lot more about the possibility that the Bible might have something interesting in it, but I still have not read it. Then this new girl started working the day shift. She was mousy, thick and a major nerd (grad of star fleet academy, not a college). It was only a matter of weeks before we start dating.

Note to my wife:
I will make this as painless as possible. Promise!

So this girl was some kind of Christian who was saving herself for marriage, like I cared at the time. Well, it started to get serious and we entered couple hood. One night she was working with me for a few hours and it was really busy. She called for help on the safe, it was jammed. I ran over and dropped something on the ground kneeled to pick it up, turned on my knees and was about to get back up when I saw a glowing image standing right behind her. All I could think was this was important to my future somehow. The thing spoke nothing that I could here and no one seemed to notice it. So I shook my head and got back to work.

A couple of nights later we were at her house and I was trying to fix a kitchen drawer and getting madder and madder at it. I was throwing things and cussing and scaring her. It got to the point where all I could see was red. She calmly asked me to leave it alone and I huffed into the living room still seeing red.

Time for a little recap of my life so far. I'm about 24 here with terminal liver disease and have been on the transplant list about nine months with no end in sight. I have no faith to speak of other than a desire to find the answers to life before I die, which at this point is a few years away. I'm sitting in my girlfriend's living room seeing red because I can't even fix a draw slide. And then another weird thing happened, a very quiet voice in my head said, "Read the book."

And for some reason I asked back, "Where should I start?"

"The New Testament!" was all I got back.

So I asked my girlfriend if I could see her Bible for a bit. She went and got it and I sat down and opened the Bible for the first time in my life. I went quickly to the New Testament and was amazed that the first book was ME! (Matthew, how's that for being humble). I began to read from the first verse. I don't know how long I read, but I stopped when I got to the following verse:

Matthew 15:24
But He (JC) answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Now I know now about looking at the context of a verse for the message of it, but I had no idea then. And it hit me like a brick between the eyes. Here I am reading a book with my name on it and the main guy just said he came for ME! They (my Jewish faith) never told me this!!! He didn't come for the gentiles, he didn't come for the starving in Africa, he didn't even come for the non believers; He came for US!! (Jews)

So I stopped reading, this I needed to process!

No comments: