The Editor Has Quit!

Yes the wife can't stands it anymore and has resigned her post as editor.
So if you find a typo that really bugs you send and email or comment.

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Let the Blessings Grab You!!!

I started reading the Bible and connecting the dots. I don't know if it was my upbringing or if it was being called, but this stuff made sense. I started going to Fellowship (that's what they called it) twice a week, I couldn't get enough of the Bible. At some point along the way I started to know that God was with me and that I was on the right track. There wasn't a grand moment of conversion or being filled with the Holy Spirit, I just knew I was born again and one of God's children. I even tithed, which for a Jew is big.

I had been on the transplant list for about a year and a half. Every time I got to the top someone sicker would knock me down. By this point I had given up and resolved myself to about another five good years. In that, my body was requiring more and more rest resulting in work, sleep, work, sleep. I didn't have the energy to do anything else.

Three days after my 25th birthday the pager went off. I had worked the night before and it was about one in the afternoon, my midnight. I didn't know what to do, I freaked out big. Mom told me to call them back and find out what it was. It was the real deal, they had a liver coming in from Tulsa with my name on it and I needed to be at the hospital two seconds ago. I called my boss to let him know I wouldn't be in for a while. And we were off. The rest of the day went pretty much like the last time except they didn't tell me to go home.

My memory for the next couple of days is spotty. Like, I remember begging for ice in ICU, which would have been about two hours after the surgery; but I don't remember being in my room until day three. That's when Dan caught me staring at my hand. I was alone and just fascinated with my hand. Dan came in and asked, "How you doing Matt," in a very couscous tone.

I looked at him and replied, "I'm White!"

He responded, "Thats because you have a new liver."

Over the next week I slowly regained my ability to focus. The doctors pushed getting up and walking the 'Track'. Which was basically the hallway of the floor I was on. Some very interesting things occurred on this track. For one I finally told my mother that I had converted. Her response was, "Oh! This is just a fad, you'll get over it once you're well."

I don't know, 8 years and I'm still a Christian.

Another was Dan showing me that it had been less then a week since I first tithed and now I had a new liver. And wasn't that the best blessing I could have received. I guess that is where I wanted to end this post. God is truly wanting to bless you more than you could ask or think and all it takes sometimes is giving.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK matt your goona have to tell me what grap means

Anonymous said...

man now you even have me mistyping stuff.

Jen said...

This is my favorite story of yours. :)