The Editor Has Quit!

Yes the wife can't stands it anymore and has resigned her post as editor.
So if you find a typo that really bugs you send and email or comment.

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Gay! Not Gay?

Before I told my mother that I had converted to Christianity, I would often say, it would be easier to say I'm gay. Not that there IS something wrong with that, but this is not a rant about homosexuality. It's more of an exploration of why I chose Christ.

I have spent most of my life without a really strong father figure. I do have a father, he is just out of reach physically and emotionally to be of much use. He does have a strong sprite, but I often wonder which direction that it is going. But this is not a rant about him either.

What Jews and Christians share is G-d. The idea of one being who protects, cares for, and teaches his own. I'm not talking about the trinity, just G-d or God the Father. I have had to endure may things in my life, and while I have not had the worldly examples of strength, fearlessness, and courage that one gets from a father; I have had God! That still small voice keeping me calm in the lions den, feeding me in the desert, telling me to fear not only believe.

How could I not turn Christian!

2 comments:

Roger Garrett said...

The trinity still confuses me a bit but I understand what you are saying.

Your father's sprite must have had vodka in it or something huh?

Mashon said...

Ok... Now I want to read A Few Bits Short of Kibble.

Thank you.