The Editor Has Quit!

Yes the wife can't stands it anymore and has resigned her post as editor.
So if you find a typo that really bugs you send and email or comment.

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

"Let Me eSpleen,...No! Let Me Sumup..."

For those who didn't know my platelets are low (1700's [they give transfusions and 3500 or less]). No transfusion yet. I saw the doctor (Parker, cancer guy) today and he gave me four possible resons: 1) I have a platlet antibody (ie...a bacteria or white blood cell targeting my platelets); 2) Hyperactive Sleen (this is a side effect of liver disease); 3) something going on with the new liver; 4) or something else (other).

The plan so far is to do more blood work and have the liver clinic (whom I see Monday) do some extra tests, to rule out antibodies of viruses.

The best outcome is I am just having a reaction to the chemo (He went to school 4 more years then me, go figure). Worst case I have to rename my blog to "Three Organs Down." So if you could start sending the prayers my way thanks!

2 comments:

Roger Garrett said...

Jeez man will you just suck it up and get better already :-)

I will be praying

Roger Garrett said...

Hey Matt,

We love you and are praying for you!!!!

Shelly and the 3 boys
(aka: Roger, Connor and Cade)