The Editor Has Quit!

Yes the wife can't stands it anymore and has resigned her post as editor.
So if you find a typo that really bugs you send and email or comment.

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Tess of the d'Urbervilles

You meet the most diverse group of people working as a night clerk. And it is always good to get to know the local law. One such person was Tess (yes like the book), she was and I hope still is a Police Officer.

I bring her up because she is also one of the most faithful people I have ever met. One of the many conversations we had involved covenants with God. She told me during this discussion that she had one with Him that He would not let her blood spill on American soil. You see she was from Trinidad and couldn't wait till she could get back there. She also told of how many times God had saved her from this fate and how she prayed about this every day.

I found this profound and when I was still in the hospital for the liver transplant I pray for God to give me 100 years of life. I pray for this most days. When I get into moods like I'm in now, I know that I have lost sight of this. So I start to pray again and ask for forgiveness. I don't know if it will happen because we are all subject to His time table, but I do still hope and pray for it.

In closing I would like to thank Roger for suggesting I stare at the sky.

2 comments:

Roger Garrett said...

your welcome Bro.

Roger Garrett said...

K man it has been a week time to post :-)