The Editor Has Quit!

Yes the wife can't stands it anymore and has resigned her post as editor.
So if you find a typo that really bugs you send and email or comment.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

"You can't always get what you want..." The Weekly Charge Vol 6

Well today is another day in the long line of doing nothing to reach my goal of beating cancer. My white count was 1.8 and for those of you following that means no chemo. My weight was 147 lbs so 2 more pounds.

I have noticed lately that I am getting really angry really easy. I recently bought Call of Duty 3 for the Wii. This was not a good idea on the part of Nintendo. The major problem is that a First Person Shooter (FPS) like Call of Duty relies on two analog axises to move and shoot. The Wii controller has one. That means while you have one little joystick thingy to move back and forth and side to side, you have to move the Wii remote to look in the direction you want to go and shoot. What ends up happening is that you stare at the sky a lot and spin in a circle or you throw your grenades at your own feet. Remember that the third word in FPS is shooter meaning you spend 90% game going around and shooting at things. These thing aren't often in the middle of the sky or at your feet. So how long do you think before that Wii strap saved my TV from becoming a very heavy paper weight?

That anger is the exact same anger I have felt about my health situation. You see in order to beat cancer I need to stay focused on beating it. Not only praying a lot, but also getting the medications that will kill it. In order to get these meds my white count needs to be at least 2.0 and it's not. They have given me other meds to bring it up but that hasn't worked (the grenade just falls at my feet). Thus I'm staring at the sky and spinning around.

And God is being silent or I can't hear him over the exploding grenades.

1 comment:

Roger Garrett said...

God might be telling you to stare at the sky and spin around. Sounds like a heck of a lot of fun to me especially with the nice weather lately. Go get the sun on your face and enjoy God's creation, all of it, even the jacked up game. Gotta stay happy man. I will be glad to help anyway I can. Call me anytime