The Editor Has Quit!

Yes the wife can't stands it anymore and has resigned her post as editor.
So if you find a typo that really bugs you send and email or comment.

Sunday, February 10, 2008

"I'm to Sexy for This Blog"

No it's not the end of the blog. Think Right Said Fred.

If you haven't noticed, I am the type of person who strives for growth. And to be honest I haven't been growing lately, in fact I have been regressing. One of the most important tools in growth or character building is honesty, that means that this will probably be the most truthful post in the blog. The main reason for the slacking off is due to the stress of dealing with cancer. But there is no excuse for devolution of character. I have identified three arias where this has occurred; the first is I have become less humble, the rest will be talked about in future post this week. This means the story is on pause for the moment.

So I looked up humble in the dictionary (my geekdom has already been established) and it said, "
to become meek." It would be and sometimes is easy for me to view this blog as a platform to spew myself importance over the world. And if you think about it that's what the advisory would want. But back to the point, I watched Extreme Home Makeover tonight and they had this Marine on who lost his leg for all of us in Iraq. And he said, "I don't believe I'm a hero." I may have gone through a lot, but I have never lost a body part for anyone but myself. If he doesn't see himself as a hero then how can I see myself as anything more then a man living a life. This Marine also spends his free time going to the VA hospitals and talking with other wounded solders in order to help them. He continues to be selfless. This reminds me that this blog is not about how sexy or not sexy I am; but about helping those in the same or a similar situation as me.

So if you know anyone or are someone who is in a similar situation please keep reading or get the anyones to read this in hopes that they can get healing from it.


No comments: