The Editor Has Quit!

Yes the wife can't stands it anymore and has resigned her post as editor.
So if you find a typo that really bugs you send and email or comment.

Friday, February 29, 2008

I Claim This Land in the Name of Spain!

By 2003, physically I had reached a plateau, I began to see I was not who I wanted to be nor who God wanted me to be. This was supported by the fact that now I wasn't going to die (any time soon anyway). Thus began the trail of self discovery and change.

Dan had reached this trail some time prior to me but he wasn't any further than "I don't like who I am." The first major understanding we both came to was: We never had a positive male role model growing up. For Dan his father died when he was a teenager, for me my father is still alive and has been living in a shack in Michigan most of my life. We talk over the phone, and he has been a spiritual influence, but he was never there. This father thing is very important because men learn a lot from just having a father around. They learn about social behavior, body language, courage, strength, spiritual leadership, and many other aspects of life that a mother just doesn't know about. Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing the single mother, I'm saying that in order to be fully who you are meant to be weather male or female you need both a strong male and female influence in your up bringing (getting off the soap box now).

I have realised that there is a lot to tell so the Spain series is to be continued...

1 comment:

Roger Garrett said...

Sweet I love cliff hangers. I ready to read man. I hope you are felling better, we missed you this week