The Editor Has Quit!

Yes the wife can't stands it anymore and has resigned her post as editor.
So if you find a typo that really bugs you send and email or comment.

Saturday, April 5, 2008

The Friends Zone!!!!

I'm using this post to back track a bit in the story. A Friend reminded me the other day that she has yet to be in any of my post and that she was defiantly in the story by this point. So.... "In this corner weighing a glowing (you know because she pregers (not mine!)) 150 lbs. Jess!!!!!!!!!"

I had met Jess some years prior to this time, but she was living in Boise in what was known up there as a Christian Family Home (I'll explain in a minute). I was in my final semester of collage. She had just come back home (that's Oklahoma) and I being single thought this was my shot. So after testing the waters for a few weeks (I never claimed to be a fast casanova) I ask her to lunch.

I showed up in the best cool casual attire I had at the time and she was in sweats. This should have been my first sign we weren't on the same page, but I'm an optimist. The second sentence out of her mouth sealed it though. Her start to the conversation was, "You know its so nice to have a good friend like you."

You girls may not know this,
But us guys have a place we never like to be
And I had just been put there squarely.
The Friends Zone!
It's not like the way Hollywood portrays it,
You will never win her over with your loyalty,
We're there for eternity.

Well with that battle lost, I decided to actually listen to what she was saying. Basically she wanted to start a family home in Oklahoma and she wanted me to be a part of it. A family home (or Christan Family Home) is a group of young adults who pledge to spend a year living together studying the Word and supporting each other.

We ended the lunch with the agreement that I would think about it, and, "The beginning to a beautiful friendship!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!! I'm finally "in"! :) Yes, that was the start of a GREAT friendship. And you were supposed to meet Jen later on anyway.
- Jess

Roger Garrett said...

learn something new every day. I though it was called a commune, but that was a nice cover LOL
kidding of course

Anonymous said...

I cant believe you said Jess weighed 150 lbs...You got another issue on your hand now ;)